Archive for the ‘Rights, Peace & Justice’ Category.
- UN SCR 1325 and Prevention -
A hybrid for utilizing human rights and early warning frameworks in the campaign to end violence against Women
was organized by Femmes Africa Solidarité (FAS) and the WG on Women, Peace and Security
on 18th March 2011, at the Palais des Nations.
- HE Bente Angell-Hansen, Ambassador of Norway, Permanent representative to the UN, Vice President / Rapporteur Bureau of the Human Rights Council
- Ecoma Alaga, Former Programme Manager WIPSEN-Africa
- Yvette Chesson-Wureh, Establishment Coordinator, Angie Brooks International Centre on Women Empowerment, Leadership Development, International Peace & Security
- Isha Dyfan, Chief, Women Human Rights and Gender Section, OHCHR
- Madeleine Rees, Secretary General WILPF, Co-Chair Working Group on Peace
Electronic version of the book (on FAS website)
Pre-side Event to the Review Process of UN SCR 1325 : Public Discussion: “10 years after UN SCR 1325: Conflict Prevention Mechanisms” with Ms Mary Robinson
On 2 September 2010, the Working Group on Women, Peace and Security, chaired by Femmes Africa Solidarité (FAS) and co-chaired by Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), organized, as a pre-side Event to the review process of UN Security Council Resolution 1325, a panel discussion on the mechanisms of Prevention.
- Ms Mary Robinson, President, Realizing Rights; Member, Council of Elders; UN High Commissioner for Human Rights 1997-2002; President of Ireland 1990-1997
- Ms Bineta Diop, Executive Director, Femmes Africa Solidarité (FAS)
- Ms Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, General Secretary, World YWCA
Chair: Ms Madeleine Rees, Secretary General, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)
The Event flyer can be downloaded here.
A report on this Event can be found on the Geneva Centre for Security Policy website